Day 19 Letting Go With Open Hands

Am I truly thankful for this one? I don't know. I want to be. I think I'll be working on this one for a very long time. Holding on to things that I should relax my grip on is hard for me, even those things that should be easy to release. Things like hurts, jealousy, anger, and pride. The only one I'm hurting by holding onto things like this is myself.

There is a spiritual exercise where you pray with your palms facing down, releasing your hurt, jealousy, anger, and pride to Jesus. Then, when you are finished, you turn your palms up to receive from Him. It's a beautiful physical gesture to represent what happens when we let go of the "junk" and receive treasure.

Sometimes I feel like a spoiled child, fists clenched tight, stomping my foot, determined that I am entitled to this. It's silly, really, but very true! I really do this, I'm sure I am not the only one. What a waste of my energy, but how truly wonderful the letting go is after holding on so tight to my flesh. I want to let go of my flesh and turn to the Spirit. Palms open, relaxed and ready to receive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye