Day 13 Patience

By now you understand that I'm writing these days as my observation of Lent. 40 days of thankfulness for things that I cannot touch with my hands. Sometimes I wish you could purchase patience. Maybe a store like Costco would sell it in bulk. Especially to mothers who find themselves at the end of a very short leash. When I felt I couldn't go on I could just go to the cupboard and grab a cup of it, like olive oil or flour.

However, just like every other fruit of the Spirit we cannot exhibit these traits without Him. It would be vanity. I could wake in the morning and say, "today I will be patient" and it might last until I've put my feet to the floor, but that's it. True patience, love, joy, peace, they all come from the Spirit. Through the Spirit working in us. How then, does the Spirit work in us? Through our death. We must die daily, by the moment, by the second to ourselves, submitting ourselves to the Kingdom of God. We need to live in the reality of who we really are. New creations who are redeemed by the wonderful, consuming and transforming love of the One Who IS LOVE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye