Day 12 Kindness

Last summer I attended a Beth Moore simulcast. The teaching theme was on Proverbs 31:26 "When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." From this session I also learned that kindness is not an action but a disposition. I sat there and thought about my own disposition, particularly toward my husband and children. Sometimes it's not pretty. It seems easier to "be kind" to others in the broader circles of our lives, but harder to do with the people who are constantly in our space. I do love kindness. I'm touched by it, especially when it's unexpected. Imagine what life would look like if when we opened our mouths every word was infused with kindness. I want to be aware of this but I know this kind of Life, again, comes only through the Spirit. Growing in faith is beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye