Day 16 An Expression of Grace

Elias just came out of the playroom to show Nason his nice glasses. I had to take a picture!
Turns out you don't include Sundays in Lent as they represent a "mini-Easter". Phew. I thought I was dreadfully behind, but I figured it all out and I'm right on track. Today Wayne spoke on grace. I figured this was a good one to include in my Lent of Thankfulness.


I believe we live in a culture that demands us to think in legal terms. In a quid pro quo society. I do this and in return I get something of exact value. Even my children live like this. "Abby unloaded the dishwasher yesterday, so today I get to fill it".


However, life in the Kingdom should look radically different. We should look at others through the eyes of grace. Judgement says, "I know what's best, I'm the expert on everything. You are wrong and I am right". Grace says, "how can I serve and express Christ's love to you".


I'm learning to live in the fullness of who I am in Christ. I have unsurpassable worth, up front and for free by grace. Life becomes an opportunity to express wonderful grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye