life With a Lowercase "l"

One of the many things I love about running is how easily I enter into deep thought. Yesterday I was thinking about fulfillment. I only thought of that because I had listened to a sermon on the very thing earlier in the day. We are always trying to get life from things. I am always trying to get life from things. Always assessing; how will this affect me, is this good for me, does this person like me, and so on.

I began thinking about this blog and how I have allowed this to bring me life. Life with a lower case "l". I started this blog with the intention of keeping it quiet and to myself, like an online journal. However, I think God's intentions were not the same as mine. Which is always fine, He does amazing work! So now the blog is something I feel free to share with anyone and I think it's great....except for the people pleaser in me. The people pleaser wants attention, affirmation, accolades, admiration. I want to shush this needy voice in me. I want to get Life from the author and perfecter of my faith. Life with an uppercase "L".

Life from God is curious in that it requires us to be other-oriented and self-sacrificial. My life is not about me. This is how God works, in exact contrast to the world. Our God is astonishingly beautiful.

Psalm 63:1-5 "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

Today these words caught my eye. For the first time in my life I can read them and mean them - my soul truly thirsts for Him. He is the Giver of Life.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness - your nail has hit my head with this one today! YIKES! I know I'm not often satisfied with "just God"...

    I'm thankful you are opening up your life through your blog and being opened up to LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy. I'm loving it far more than I could have imagined!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye