Day 14 Joy

The emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.

About a month ago I was spending prayer time in my field. I felt compelled to pray for my girl friends. I imagined each one of them entering on the path that leads to the field. Jesus stood at the end of the path, waiting to welcome them one by one as they came. The girls all carried heavy back packs, some of the contents of the packs were spilling out over the top. Things like worries, regrets, loneliness, guilt; the stuff of day to day living. When they stopped in front of Jesus, He helped them remove these burdens, laid His hand on their heads and spoke words of love to each one. Immediately the countenance of their faces changed from anguish to pure joy.

Now, I know this is imagination, but it's still true to the extent that Jesus actually does do this for them, for us. He does remove our burdens and replace our anxiety with keen pleasure and elation. I encourage you to see Jesus doing this for you, however that may look to you. This moves the knowledge of what He has done for you, to an experience of seeing Him do it. Even thinking of Him and what He has done for me fills my soul with joy. The Holy Spirit is testifying to me of God's greatness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye