Day 18 Hindsight is 20/20

Not too long ago, it seems, I didn't have a clue what this phrase meant. I'd hear people use it, but I was oblivious to its meaning. Well, of course, I get it now. Too well. I think it speaks to our nature as humans to be full of regret. We lament about opportunities we've missed, words we should have said, and time wasted.

When we got married my sister in law gave us a framed picture. It is of Wayne and I, taken shortly after we started dating. In the picture we are outside, walking away from the camera but I am looking back over my shoulder. I am fairly young in the picture, probably just 19. I like to think now that I wasn't looking back with regret, it's more like I'm laughingly taking a glance back at what was and also walking towards what would be. Not to say life was all bad before I met Wayne, but meeting him was definitely a new beginning. A wonderful new chapter in my life.

I know I won't look on everything like this, especially when I'm living in it. Life is hard, even mundane, sometimes it doesn't even make sense. But, hindsight is 20/20and I know that all I've endured has grown in me an appreciation for the very things I wailed about as I went through them. Aren't we all like that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye