Day 36 Parenting?

Our Christmas card photo shoot



5 personalities. 5 wonders. 5 people my husband and I get to do life with. I remember being pregnant with Aidan, I wrestled with how I would love another child as much as I loved Abby. I was so silly. Of course, it was love at first sight with Aidan. And so on with the rest. With each pregnancy I would anticipate what they would look like, what would they be like, who would they become. They are so precious to me.

Sometimes I have been overwhelmed with the responsibility of raising them. I've cried many tears, fearing failure, that I would somehow "mess" them up. This parenting gig is a hard road. The only manual I have was passed onto me by parents who found themselves in the same place I am now. It's a vicious cycle, for sure. I don't have a clue what I'm doing most of the time and I make many mistakes. I always say there is either yelling or laughing in our house, but I suppose that's normal?

However, I am thankful to be the Mom to my children. That I have the privilege of guiding them, loving them, and growing them up. I hope they extend grace to me when they find themselves in the same boat someday. Well, one can only hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye