Day 25 Prayer

Currently I'm reading a book on spiritual disciplines. This is my second pass at this one. Since I've become more "awake", I'm enjoying re-reading books. It's amazing how differently you read when you see with different eyes. Thoroughly enjoyable. So, tonight I read this quote from C.S. Lewis regarding prayer. In prayer we must "lay before Him what is in us, not what ought to be in us." Isn't that wonderful and so very true? We don't need to pretend we are someone else for God, He sees it all anyway. It's very freeing to just fall into a heap before God and lay it all out there for Him to see. My friend Deb would probably call this "soaking" in the Lord's presence.

Tomorrow's post will be a continuation of this one....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye