Day 31 Encouragement in Community

I'm feeling encouraged today. I love it when someone goes out of their way to tell me they appreciate me. That I matter to them. You know who you are! God, in His infinite wisdom, created us to thrive in community. We can't function properly when we are cut off...we need one another to get through. Life is hard. Arbitrary. Annoying. Reaching out to friends is crucial to "making it".

I think we live in a society that shuns community in some regard. We're told what we need is privacy, unaccountability and we must be individuals. That flies in the face of God's plan for us....sure, He DOES want us to be individuals, but individuals who stand together, unified, bearing with one another, loving one another, doing life together. We're made for community.

Embrace community. Encourage one another. Chose to extend yourself by serving someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye