Why This Title?


Imaginative prayer has changed the way I pray and how I worship Jesus. It's praying with all 5 senses, taking myself to a place that was significant and special to me at some point in my life, via memory. As a child I spent many hours sitting at the top of a field by my house. I could see all of Goshen around me, the many hills and fields. I would pray here. Talk out loud to Jesus and just spend time with Him. Now as an adult I'm doing the same.


When I enter into prayer I ask the Holy Spirit to direct me to Jesus, that I may know Who He truly is and not just the image I have compiled from many years of Sunday School. I imagine what the sky looks like, the colour of the grass, the way the wind is softly moving in the trees, what the air smells like and even what it tastes like. I meet Him here and He is always glad to see me. Sometimes when I see Him I fall to my knees and thank Him for loving me. Other times I have taken His hand in mine and traced the scar. I've also reached out and touched the hem of his garment. This is a powerful means to pray.

My husband and I have been in search of a diagnosis for our 3 year old boy, Elias. The night before we were scheduled to take him for an MRI I was spending time with Jesus. I was telling Him how scared I was about this appointment. In my mind Elias was there with me, he was playing in a tree beside the field. At one point he fell from the tree and Jesus caught him in midair. Jesus looked at me and said, "I've got him". I cannot tell you what joy filled my heart hearing those words. The peace was amazing!
There have been many times in the last few months where I have been overwhelmed by the love of Jesus. Throughout the day when I become weary of life and feel like I've run out of steam. I go into my room. Shut the door. Flop onto the bed. I retreat to the field and there I find the energy to keep going. I feel refreshed. It is very much like living water is being poured into my soul.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to approach prayer...and your relationship with Jesus - all five senses. Thank you for letting us in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye