My Life In The Laundromat


Can I just say how thankful I am for the invention of the modern washing machine and dryer? These were not the "good old days". Of this I am pretty sure. Doesn't this look like fun? I wonder what was going through her head while she poured the water from that bucket?

The laundry here is piling up. Literally. Wayne caught up with the laundry before he left for Wolfville on Monday. He's very efficient at doing laundry. He is like a machine. He folds each load as it is finished, organizes the piles by child and in order that they are to be put away. I, on the other hand, am not. In fact, as I type this a full hamper of clean laundry is waiting for me beside the bed and another one stands by the dryer waiting to be filled. I do enjoy folding laundry, but I do not like to put it away.

It's funny how different Wayne and I can be. He's task oriented and I am more carefree, doing things when I feel like it. This drives him mad. The house looks like a bomb went off, Matthew tore through the house and laid waste to everything as he went. If Wayne was here he'd have picked it all up. Not me. Matthew is sleeping right now, but I know full well when he gets up he'll pick up where he left off. For me to put everything away is just as redundant as brushing my teeth while eating Oreos.

I love Wayne. In fact, I'm crazy about him. I don't care that we're different, I like that about us. I like that we make it work, that he still makes me laugh. That he can carry on with the kids and have them all laughing. So what if our life is full of laundry, messes, spilled milk, crying, crumbs under foot, math homework (I really hate math), yelling, and sleepless nights- I wouldn't trade any of it (most days). For every annoying thing there are even more wonderful things- laughter, lego on the floor, wet mittens, endless piles of paper, music, tickling, silly games, jokes, air guitar, nacho libre, farting, and sloppy kisses (....and that's just from Wayne). Gotcha. Yes, I realize that farting is in my wonderful list, but there's just nothing funnier to 4 boys than this! 5 if you count Wayne.

Comments

  1. I am so with you on the laundry. I don't mind folding, but for some reason the putting away stalls me every time??

    Love your new little blog! :)

    ♥ Melissa~
    Pink Paper Peppermints

    PS Thanks for putting up my button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wayne -- fold a load and put it away. Much easier. This from a 50-something woman who has folded thousands of loads?

    Deb Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the beautiful messiness of real life - the lovely, sweet disaster of family and the blessing of two very different people sharpening and helping each other grow toward the calling God has for them...love the mess and love my washer and dryer and the ordinary living expressed in them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye