Better than a dream come true



I, Angie take you, Wayne, to be my husband. With the greatest joy I come into my new life with you. Today I am reminded of James l:17 which says "Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." Besides the gift of salvation, you are the most precious gift God has given me. I know that along with the new joys God has given me, I face new responsibilities that I cannot fulfill in my own strength. But by God's grace and power working within me, I desire to be trustworthy as your wife, to serve and love you in all circumstances, to obey you, to allow God to use you to build His qualities in me, as long as God gives us life on this earth. I praise God continually for you, Wayne, and for your love and friendship.

Almost 19 years ago I met Wayne. He was funny and cute, that's what I first thought. During a sociology class Debbie and Wayne passed notes, setting up a date between he and I. That happened on Halloween. I remember how confident I felt around him immediately. I knew I would marry him by December.

I thought I loved him so much on the day we married, 14 years ago, but I know now that was just a tiny glimpse of the larger picture I see today. That new love was pretty immature, trying to balance my attraction to him with the many ways he drove me nutty. I think I was pretty selfish in the early days of our relationship. Insecure and unsure that I was enough to make him stay. He's shown me in a number of ways how solid he is. That the promise he made was wrapped up into who he was and who he is now becoming. I know he is holding tightly to the One Who keeps us both together. Our strong foundation in a world that chews up and spits out relationships.

Children have added joy to our lives. They've also added new dimensions of loving. Learning how to love when it doesn't seem like the obvious answer. Being patient with one another. Giving each other a break. Trying so hard not to keep score.

I love our simple life. I never dreamt it could be like this. I couldn't have, I'm just not up to the task.

"I thank my God every time I remember you" Phil 1:3

I love you, Wayne!

Comments

  1. Wayne and Angie
    It was meant to be
    From the instant they knew
    Forever, faithfully

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye