Bent

I know I share time and again how incredibly in awe I am of Jesus. How the beauty of who He is stirs something inside of me. I can't help but speak of Him.

I completely love how I can be in His presence even when surrounded by so many.

Standing in the midst of thousands of people during the U2 concert, I stared up into the clearing sky.

I prayed to Him- "Hey, Jesus, what do you think of all that's going on here, how do you feel about this?"

A peace settled over me as I felt Him close to me. The knowledge of His grace, mercy, love, and power fell into my heart like a crashing wave.

Oh how He loves! I bend under the weight of it.

When I looked down my eyes fell on three guys who had been annoying me earlier with their pot smoking- they passed joints around like I would share a pack of gum.

In that moment I was filled with immense Love for them.

How beautiful He is, to grant me a teeny, tiny glimpse of His furious love for all people.

Not just for the ones who have heard of His renown.

For all.

Oh how He loves them.




Comments

  1. Thank you, Angie - this is just beautiful! Bless you today, my Friend!
    -Joy F. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye