Introducing......me



The only day I appeared to be photogenic was on my wedding day. Any other time I have my eyes closed, a dorky look on my face, or I'm not looking towards the camera. On this day I didn't know Wayne was taking the photo- that apparently helps. At any rate, I like this picture. I'm not trying to pose. I didn't tell Wayne to hold on a minute while I fix my hair or whatever. Maybe what I like best is this really looks like me- this shot capturing something genuine.

I really love being myself. Perhaps it has everything to do with where I stand with God. I feel incredibly secure, loved, and free.

Not so long ago Something felt as though it was missing. It was as though I had the words to a song but I couldn't hear the music.

Surely, Lord, there is more to this life than merely surviving.

More than just getting through the day, all so I could go to bed and do it all over again tomorrow.

I was tired. Of settling. Of muddling through. Of living on auto pilot.
Such drudgery.

Through the wonder of His amazing love the music I had felt was missing slowly began to play. Quietly at first. In fact, I think it was always there but I had tuned it out.

Now when He sings to me, I listen.

He overwhelms me with the beauty of Who He is.

He has reclaimed me as His own.

He is restoring me.

He gives me the freedom to be who He says I am.

This is the real me.



Comments

  1. I LOVE this post! So beautifully articulated! And I LOVE the real you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Angie - the post and YOU! You are such a blessing, thanks for keeping it real!

    -Joy F :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye