Day 22 Trust



Finally, after twenty-eight years, I'm learning to trust God. Well, that's not entirely true. When I was 10 trusting God seemed easy. I think I've said it before, I'm growing young. In fact, in one of my times of prayer I envisioned myself running to Jesus, as I got closer to Him I grew younger and younger. When I finally reached Him I was probably 5, He knelt down to catch me and then tossed me into the air! I suppose this post goes along nicely with my previous one.

Trust goes hand in hand with knowing someone, I think so anyway. As I grow closer to Jesus I feel that my trust in Him is improving. I feel like I'm beginning to rest in Him with the full weight of myself. Before all of this "new" stuff was happening to me I would pray, "Lord, I love you and I trust you, BUT don't you dare lay a hand on my kids!!". I'm being completely honest with you. I thought for sure if I said, okay, Lord, here you go, He would allow something horrible to happen. Thankfully, the very wrong ideas I had of who God is have been challenged and replaced with a more accurate view of Him. It's constantly being tweaked, but I'm trusting Him with the outcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye