Anonymity and obvious judgement (from me)



We talk about Him.  You tell me about His goodness in the past.  That you have seen His hand in your life. 

But you are struggling. 

Slowly, I watch as the joy seeps from your life.  The light in your eyes fades, you look weary and tired.  Bearing a load you weren't meant to carry. 

My heart aches for you.  I try throwing you a line, "Please, try seeing Him this way", but you are stuck under the weight of the burden.  You tell me you will.  Later.

I call you on it.  I ask you plainly if you've tried. 

"I haven't been feeling well....."  
"I haven't really had the chance...." 
"I tried and I got nowhere...." 

You think your excuses cover you. 
I can see right through them. 
You're afraid.  But you won't admit it.  How have you grown afraid of the One you love?  What lie has led you to believe He can't be trusted? 

You trade peace for fleeting warm fuzzies.  Contentment for a counterfeit happiness.

I won't stop asking you. 
I want to help you find your way out of this. 
He wants so much more for you. 
Is His peace so frightening?



   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye