Narrow


 
 
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who walks this way.  You are not my everything.  Oh, how I want You to be.  This isn't Your fault, but mine.  I struggle to keep You at the centre of my everything, to carve out just a bit of time to give You.  I have this deep need to love You.  I believe in You with everything I am.  I can't stop it, I am compelled.  But how I struggle with my flesh.   
 
There are times when I don't think I want to move beyond this place.  It's one of blissful ignorance.  Or so I choose to stubbornly, foolishly believe.  Truth is, I can't sit here and remain unmoved.  You, Redeemer, are constantly pulling everything forward, in a direction of restoration, not stagnation.  But You do not force me.  You woo me with Your love.
 
You show up in wonderful moments of clarity, gloriously to my surprise.  The song You've sung into my heart from my earliest remembrances of knowing You is found in unexpected places.  I am overcome by the beauty of Your love.  Of true Love.  Love that sets me basking in boundless freedom.  Chains are gone, guilt is vanquished, scars healed- Love permeates.  I have no regrets of words unspoken.  I find only one response.  You are beautiful.  I am humbled that You love me enough for this.  That I can be fully with You and not be ashamed of the grave clothes I tend to wear when I've allowed my heart to be given too fully to the wide, open path. 
 
 ....And I’ll be the poet who sings your glory—
    and live what I sing every day.
Psalm 61:8

Comments

  1. You have such a beautiful heart, Angie - you bless me with your earnest and honest words. Thank you for sharing yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Day 3 Prompting or Secrets With God

Twenty Seven Years