rewritten ~ part two



I'm clinging to Your promise.  

i won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you

This can feel like walking on a beach of sharp rocks in thin sandals, every hard edge is felt underfoot.  A burden deeply rooted into who I think I am- the story I told myself to make it through.  A story full of exaggerated circumstances and victim armour I now find hard to discard.  Lies caught up in a reflex of survival, but that have no leg to stand on. The old life fortifications are being dismantled and I find there's a part of me that's fighting against it. Foolishly.  I've been duped by my own mind's eye.  What I always thought was the truth about myself was a pale shadow of the Wisdom of real, honest to goodness Truth.

you'll learn to live freely and lightly

About so much more than physical hunger, I am learning how to cope without reaching for a tangible, home-cooked, sugary something.  I'm learning to sit in my own discomfort, insecurity, doubt and weakness.  I'm looking for Him in the difficulty of just navigating a normal, mundane day. Allowing Him to rewrite my life of chaos and confusion.  Cultivating a life that thrives as I move further away from what was and step into what is.  I am an after picture of my life.  Not what I'm aspiring to reach but something that He is clearly showing me is evident now.  My outside appearance not a true reflection of the inward working but slowly becoming so.  Written on my face if nowhere else.   

learn the unforced rhythms of grace

Old habits die hard and I am so very stubborn.  I do tend to cling to comfort.  That comfort, in the end, has left me listless, hard of hearing, defensive and weak.  The running has slowed.  More like a saunter or stumble toward newness.  Smaller, lighter, freer steps. I'll be skipping in no time but for now I'm learning to be content with a slower, more intentional pace.  Some steps more calculated than others.  And in the end, His story will be the one that I tell.  My life an example of how His love can rewrite any story.   







Words in italics are taken from Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

  1. Angie, this is really speaking to me today. Thanks for sharing your insights of your scary yet encouraging journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Day 3 Prompting or Secrets With God

Twenty Seven Years