The risk




I've never been much of a risk taker.  I colour inside the lines.  Wear sensible shoes.  Venture carefully through green lights.  I'm wary of best before dates.  A rule keeper.



But when it comes to love, well, that's a completely different matter. 


This only occurred to me recently as I was driving away from a familiar place.  I was crying because my heart was broken. 


That's really what it came down to.  I took a risk. 
I opened my heart to Him and His people and they walked in and made themselves at home.  


Loving is so many things, both good and bad.  Hellos and good-byes, waiting and watching, stopping and starting, hurt and hope, pain and joy.  All mingled together in a messy jumble of tremendous emotions. 


But, do you know what really occurred to me? 


Thankfulness.  Thankful that I have the capacity to love so wonderfully that it's heart breaking to say good-bye. 


To love completely, regardless of the risk, is beautiful. 







Comments

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Angie! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye