Near



Music is playing quietly while I take a few moments to pause, to sit, to listen.  I close my eyes.  The field comes into focus. 



I am sitting on a park bench. 

The wind is softly blowing.

I sense Your nearness.   

You sit down beside me, placing one arm around my shoulders. 

Your hand, nail-scarred, covers mine. 

I put my full weight into You and lay my head on Your arm. 

Kissing my head, You begin to softly whisper.  

You tell me Who I belong to and all the wonderful things You know about me.

"You are my beloved child...my dear friend...I rejoice over you...

you fulfill my joy...I will never leave you..." 




 

Comments

  1. You have such a wonderful way with words. I love your blog. It encourages me.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye