39 reasons for gratitude



My cup is full to overflowing.

I feel like I could cry and cry and cry today and then when I thought I had cried enough tears, they would surface once more and I would do it all over again.

I am humbled by gratitude.

Thankful that God has clasped my little hand in His large, able one.

That I am blessed with so much love, hope, and life.

That my life counts for something.

That I am something.

And that something is beautifully marred and slightly worn. Time slowly marches across the delicate skin around my eyes, skips through my hair and weathers my heart and soul. The first two are slightly annoying in their persistence, but the latter is what I most look forward to as the years pass.

I am getting better with age. As we all should be. Why fight back?

I'm looking ahead to 40..... and beyond.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

Comments

  1. Love this post & wholeheartedly agree! Sending you much LOVE on your special day <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) Birthday! This post was absolutely beautiful. I hope this feeling of gratitude continues throughout this entire year. I am going to try to remember to be a little more grateful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on your writings. Thanks for sharing and take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 18, 1984

Twenty Seven Years

Two kinds of good bye